The seventh edition of the Global Health Film Festival will take place online 25 November to 05 December.
We are committed to providing a truly enriching and enjoyable experience for everyone who joins us for the film festival, whether for one film screening or for the full eleven-day programme.
Our Global Health Film volunteers are central to the preparation and successful delivery of this increasingly high-profile and influential event; with an expanded programme this year, we are excited to grow this wonderful team and we are looking for people from a range of backgrounds (global health, comms, film) to help us deliver this year's event.
Could you be part of that team?
Subject to your interest areas and expertise, tasks could include:
- researching additional reading and viewing material for participant resource packs
- scoping out and developing niche audiences for each screening
- assisting with communications and social media to extend our reach
- working closely with film directors/distributors to ensure that each screening is as strategically impactful as possible
- assisting the AV/producer team during the event; trouble-shooting, preparing speakers in the virtual green room
- amplifying audience participation and discussion in the chat side bar
The time commitment
We expect the time commitment to be a minimum four hours a week for a maximum of five weeks from w/c 01 November.
For some pre-event tasks you will work alone or offline in collaboration with one or more team members, and then take part in very regular online updates and briefings with the wider team.
What's in it for you?
In return for your time, professional approach and enthusiasm, you will:
- get unique exposure to - and develop your expertise in - the delivery of high-profile, truly global events in the digital space
- make a tangible individual and collective contribution to global health learning and 'edutainment' at a critical time in history
- have the opportunity to network and build your own profile with an international group of global health professionals, influencers, and film-makers
- a free Global Health Film Festival pass
Recruitment is now open and closes at 23:59 BST Sunday 10 October
We'll get back to you by 18:00 Wednesday 13 October if you have been shortlisted and will arrange a short telephone interview.
We look forward to hearing from you!