We are super-excited about the Global Health Film Classics series and we are committed to ensuring it is a truly enriching and enjoyable experience for everyone who takes part.
We are recruiting a small team of volunteers from a range of backgrounds (global health, comms, film) to help us deliver the series. Could you be part of that team?
Subject to your interest areas and expertise, tasks could include:
- researching additional reading and viewing material for participant resource packs
- scoping out and developing niche audiences for each screening
- assisting with communications and social media to extend our reach
- assisting the AV/producer team during the event – trouble-shooting, preparing speakers in the virtual green room
- amplifying audience participation and discussion in the chat side bar
We expect the time committment to be three-four hours a week; you don't need to commit to the whole series but a minimum commitment of four weeks, either in one block, or across the five months of the series would be helpful.
For some pre-event tasks you will work alone or offline in collaboration with another team member, and then take part in very regular online updates and briefings with the wider team.
In return for your time, professional approach and enthusiasm, you will:
- get unique exposure to - and develop your expertise in - the delivery of high-profile, truly global events in the digital space
- make a tangible individual and collective contribution to global health learning and 'edutainment' at a critical time in history
- have the opportunity to network and build your own profile with an international group of global health professionals, influencers, and film-makers
We will recruit volunteers for the Classics series on a rolling basis; recruitment for the first wave is now open and closes on Wednesday 17 June.
We'll get back to you by Friday 19 June if you have been shortlisted and will arrange a short telephone interview over that weekend.
We look forward to hearing from you!